I'm a full-stack web developer with over 20 years of professional experience. Web design is exciting to me since it blends computer science, art and design, literature, and math.
In my spare time I build computers, provas lerni Esperanton, work on my home lab, listen to electronic and ambient music, watch sci-fi and comedy shows, and advocate the importance of using the Oxford comma. You might find me enjoying scratch margaritas in Seattle's finest Mexican restaurants.
Some people ask me how I pronounce my name:
gejlɪn lojd (listen).
- Song review: Mono No Aware (William Basinski)
- Album review: Riceboy Sleeps (by Jónsi and Alex)
- Album review: Lost and Found (by Jónsi and Alex)
- Laika, automated analytics retrieval and dashboards.
- GMFW, a minimal WordPress theme based off of MFW.
- RAID 1D specification, a data storage technique using a time-delay component.
- How to set up a CDN from WordCamp Seattle 2016
- How to set up a CDN, from Seattle WordPress Meetup
- Customizing a WordPress theme properly, from WordCamp Seattle 2015